1. Sleeping through the night is a myth.
2. If you don’t have the camera in hand and fired up, forget it. You missed it.
3. If she takes the glasses off and throws them on the floor, someone WILL step on them.
4. Mom’s role at mealtime is cook, waitress, and servant. So it has been in ages past, so it is now, so it ever shall be, world without end, amen.
5. Whatever can go wrong, might…but sometimes you get lucky.
6. But if you get lucky, don’t get cocky…it’s just luck.
7. The needier the adult, the less willing the child.
8. You can fit five people on a twin bed, but only if you stack them.
9. You will never outrun the laundry pile. Accept it and move on.
(Except maybe baby kisses.)
Okay, folks…what have I left out? What are YOUR universal laws of parenthood?
(This post is linked to SteadyMom’s 30-Minute Blog Challenge.)