1. Jennifer asked this morning if anybody else is making permanent changes based on their Lenten fast. The answer for me is–yes! I have made it a goal to remain free of the stats addiction, and so far, five days in, I’m really not finding the stats page all that compelling. I’m setting a goal to check it every two or three days, instead of two dozen times a day. I love my freedom; being a prisoner of the counter was extremely unrewarding.
2. A couple of “picture” takes. This was me on Holy Saturday afternoon, singing the national anthem for Mizzou baseball:
3. And these were my adorable older two and their cousin, hunting Easter eggs on Sunday:
4. Did you know that the Moon landing was a HOAX? Checkout this guy, who is absolutely CERTAIN that they used wires and slow motion to achieve the effect of astronauts bouncing. Here is another website countering the hoax claims. But I’ve saved the best for last. Did you know that NASA found an ALIEN MOON BASE?????
5. Speaking of NASA…here’s a very sad blast from the past: the Challenger explosion. This is a long, but inclusive, news report from that day, and here is the actual video of the launch itself. Heart-wrenching to watch, because nobody even reacts out loud for so long; it’s like they don’t even realize what’s happening.
6. You know those stunning moments when the most ordinary thing–like a child learning to read–take your breath away? That’s me this week. I took the kids to the library and returned from book searching to find Alex playing a Clifford game on the computer…identifying words. Not letters. Words. When did that happen????
7. There’s nothing quite like mowing the lawn for the first time. Later in the summer it will feel like a chore–hot, sticky, nasty. But last night it felt terrific to get the exercise in the cool of falling darkness. And it got me out of bath duty–the best perk of all! 🙂
Have a great weekend!