1. We have now been in the NICU for over a week.
2. The lactation consultant tried to take pictures of us on the iPad,but somehow we ended up with video. Try this link:
3. My husband reached his limit on Wednesday. This was THEBIG WEEK of Advent for us…and trying to handle it by himself, even with the multitudes of help he’s had, eventually wears you down. “It’s one thing to do it for three or four days,” he said. “Doing it for a week is something different.”
4. Don’t bother telling us to let the Advent activities go. He pretty much has. The trouble is: Alex’s Christmas pageant. Studio recital. Birthday party. Choir. Alex’s school concert. Stuff we really can’t do anything about, and it would be unfair to take away from him just b/c he has a sick baby brother and a missing parent.
5. It’s amazing, the camaraderie that builds among the families in the NICU. We are getting to know each other’s kids–the one present and those not–we follow each other’s kids’ victories and setbacks.
6. Michael has graduated from the heater-crib and into the “big boy” tub-crib. Which means I’m all nervous whenever I’m in here, watching the sats number, because obviously they are trying to get us out of here now. He had an echocardiogram because they just don’t understand why he’s being so pokey.
7. And I will just say this: if this experience does NOT make Michael the most laid-back, easy-going baby ever to inhabit planet earth….nothing will!
UPDATE!!!! AS OF 6A.M. THIS MORNING, MICHAEL IS off his oxygen!