Note to the driver of the red sporty car on the interstate:
1. I have three small children in my van, and it’s raining. Hard. I can barely see out my windshield.
2. I am going two miles per hour over the speed limit. The truck in the right lane, six car lengths ahead of me, is going the same speed as me and spitting up an impenetrable wall of mist.
3. I am not going to pass it. Refer to #1.
4. I am not going to drive in its baffles. Refer to #1.
5. I am not moving out of the left lane, no matter what gestures you choose to throw at me upon passing me.
6. Besides, you don’t even have your lights on, Mr. Arbiter of the Rules of the Road. In this rain, you became invisible before you cleared the truck.
7. I get your irritation, but that’s too bad. My family’s safety is more important than your need for speed.
Sincerely, the mom in the blue van.
(BTW, I have a fiction prompt up today too, if you’re interested.)