Generally speaking I think it’s a good idea to follow up a really heavy post with something light. (Translated: I can’t sustain that emotional level two days in a row.) Since yesterday’s post broke another personal stats record, I need an easy blogging day. And since RAnn has instituted a Sunday Snippets question of the week, I’m going to answer it by sharing 10 things you might not know about me. Have fun. I know my life is the center of your universe. (Cough-NOT-cough.)
I learned to match pitch before I was in kindergarten, and yet in my home parish and even in my family, no one knew I could sing until I’d been gone for a decade, because all they ever let me do was play my flute. Ironically, now that I’ve earned a Bachelor and a Master of flute performance, no one lets me play; all I get to do is sing.
- Speaking of singing, I’ve sung in front of Sheryl Crow. With a sore throat.
- When my grandparents lived in Michigan, they knew Madonna’s family. Somewhere I have several snapshots Grandpa took of her at age seven. I’d like to share that but the file isn’t on the computer, and the photo CD has been sent offsite with the other photo backups for safe keeping. Boo.
- I have a lot of opinions. And I probably air them more often than I should. Which is why I will never be in politics, or a good political wife.
- I analyze, therefore I blog.
- I’m an introvert. I know that sounds ridiculous, considering I lay my whole life out there, but there’s a big safety zone between me and other people. It’s called a screen. In person I shrivel up unless I know exactly what my role is in a situation. And I hate the phone.
- I had only three dates in all of high school. And all of them were reaaaaaaally awkward.
- Almost every night around 7:45 my husband yells, “There’s too much nakedness in this house!” But man, it’s cute nakedness. I’m a sucker for little kid skin.
- I’m crazy about Russia and all things Russian. Stravinsky, Rimsky-Korsakov and Rachmaninov are probably my favorite composers. I dream of getting to see a ballet and opera at the Bolshoi.
- We once were at the top of the list to adopt from Russia. As in, the Russian government passed over us in favor of the #s 2 and 3 on the list, in an attempt to clear the backlog. (We were asking for two kids, and #s 2 and 3 only wanted 1 each.) Thank God, when we got that call we’d just found out we were finally expecting.
So there you go. Ten things you might not have known about me. Care to play along? Share one thing “about you” in the comments. 🙂